Sunday, December 18, 2011

Mouse Clicks: A Christmas Poem



'Tis the week before Christmas, and with the click of a mouse
I find holiday inspiration for all through the house.
Recipes and gift ideas have been posted with care
Waiting for readers with whom to be shared.

My puppy is nestled all peaceful in his bed
While visions of season's eatings dance through my head.
I cozy up with hot chocolate and computer in my lap
Much too inspired for a long winter's nap.

I'll start at the beginning with hors d'oeuvres of all sorts--
Add wassail and eggnog, favorite holiday brews
And spirits will be bright, and good tidings will ensue.

We'll move on to entrees and the main courses,
And there's a multitude of options from a multitude of sources.
Pork medallions proudly center any festive spread
Complete with potatoes, greens, and home-made bread.

Let's not forget dessert, as in my mind it comes first
We have cupcakes, and cake pops with flavors that burst,
Chocolate candy cookies that couldn't be faster
Even for the novice domestic multi-tasker.

And then there's Christmas morn with the sweet aroma
Of rolls made by a pioneer woman from Oklahoma,
Served with a yummy sausage-and-egg bake
And blueberry scones that are so fun to make.

Now Baker, Homemaker, now Foodie on a mission,
On Cook, Entertainer, and all others in the kitchen,
From the top of this post, scroll down clicking links as you fall
Click away, click away, click away all!

After checking this list, and checking it twice,
I'm off to the kitchen to make something nice.
In closing I'll say, bidding you farewell tonight,
"Merry Christmas to all and to all a good bite!"


I love Christmas.  It's such a good food holiday.  These are recipes I've happened upon, and I thought I'd share-- my Christmas gift to you!  

Whatever you do, whatever you make, remember the reason for the season.

Blessings and Love,
Erin


 

1 comment: